Friday, November 7, 2008

Election Night Chills

Wow. I thought the crowd at the Cotton Bowl was impressive. What was I thinking? That was nothing compared to the chills I got Tuesday night watching Barack Obama give his victory speech in Chicago on TV. I wasn't even there and I got a little emotional. I'm not saying he was my pick as I am a fair and unbiased journalist but I don't think anyone with a pulse could have watched that without feeling a little patriotic and proud to be an American. I was a little bummed I had to spend the entire night at a Republican Watch Party, not because I don't support Republicans, but because I missed history unfolding. As you can imagine this room full of Republicans were not celebrating Obama's victory. They did cook up some good snacks for media though.

No comments: